Tuesday, 14 February 2017

Late Medieval MAA horse

What can one do in a limited space but with lots of time?  Heck, glue plastic parts together!  During the summer I needed to kill time and do it still while doing something of the hobby.  So out came the model glue and I attacked the Perry box of plastic late medieval mounted knights.  Later they were painted, again not at my usual painting desk, but in the rather unnatural situation of sitting in a bus.  Time well used I believe.  Anytime is hobby time! 😉

one unit of knights for Lion Rampant

6 comments:

  1. How in the world does one paint on a bus? I'd love to see a blog post on that technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have short legs, a hunched back, a tray on my lap, and, one could assume, a determined demeanor.
      Also I might note that the bus is not moving at the time....

      Delete
  2. The way you describe it, I'm picturing Quasimodo with a 000 brush in his hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, the Hunchback of the Steady Hand.....

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Well...it was not moving at the time, which helps
      I have done quite a bit of "the basics" (large areas of the figure requiring paint such as tunics, pants, cloaks, shoes etc) while awaiting my passengers. These have large areas of armour which is easy to do. The details of faces or the reins for example need more patience.
      cheers.

      Delete