Saturday 23 September 2017

Plastics = Conversions!

Reminiscing about past activity...a birthday at this stage of middle life, kinda encourages this behaviour I find... a couple of days ago,  had me looking at my 'old' collection of Napoleonics.  Full of vigour for this new effort to create the forces at the Battle of Waterloo, the Netherland 28th Infantry Regiment, Nassau-Orange, had a somewhat different uniform and I remember having fun creating its unique look.
the Netherland 28th Infantry Regiment, Nassau-Orange
The torso is Perry British with all the chest lace scraped away.  Their arms are Victrix French Chasseurs overcoat types, the shako Russian 1809 types with new plumes taken I think from extra hussar headdresses, and their packs are French.  So with different colour scheme, they look the part.

As I want them "transportable" the lightweight plastic is a great consideration. And great entertainment creating unique units from extras bits from other sources.