I finally finished the last of my French for the 100 Days Campaign/1814 France Campaign fought in the early months of that year.
|I went with a subtle mix of overcoat shades. These are contrasted with the bright battalion company pompom colors. Still have to have SOME colour for Napoleonics!|
|Plastics offer the advantage that you can add or subtract from the model. Note the absence of the backpack on one of the figures and the pack on the adjacent figure which is glued askew to give an nice variation to the look of the unit.|
|Continuing with the theme, some 'green stuff' bags were added to some of the figures (third from left)|
The following element is specifically for the 1814 French campaign as Napoleon, desperate for more manpower sought to use the National Guard, and this element I created to portray these soldiers.
|A 'rear view' of the unit showing some of the conversion work as described above.|