Saturday, 13 February 2016

Napoleonic era Neapolitans

In my continuing mania to do every d*mned unit of the Napoleonic wars... or it would seem... I had some miscellaneous Victrix leftovers in the pre-1812 uniform but only a few. These are perhaps not appropriate for the French units for the late war 1813-15 campaigns, which are my focus,  but which were still worn by some French allies, including Neapolitans.  Thus I could create the skirmishing infantry of the 4th Light Regiment which did service during the 1813 campaign.

Of interest is the flag which I hand-painted some 20+ years ago (!) which I kept, having sold the army but still liking the design ( yeah yeah wrong inscription but still ...)

  The all-light blue uniform is attractive way to fight the hordes of Allies during the autumn campaign of 1813.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent work there! I really like those light blue uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, the blue is quite attractive, isn't it. That and the unusual orange piping makes the uniform unique.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Before, I would simply list in a note book the "birthdates" of each unit; but I would get depressed looking at that list noting a particular unit and thinking to myself "Really? I painted that unit 3 years ago? That long ago?!" Now I just post at the time of completion and hopefully forget to look at the date..........
      thanks for the kind comment
      cheers

      Delete