Thursday 13 October 2022

latest ancients/skeleton units

 Did some points counting of my Ancients armies with Dragon Rampant and came up with, if I purchased yet another box of the boney ones, I could even my three armies all at a nice large 32 points. 

The Romans got an additional "legio" 

A merge of Wargame Atlantic skeleton and Warlord Veteran Roman plastics

The textured marker is to indicate they have a 'pila' bonus to use adding to their attack. This is a small additional rule add by myself.  In typical Rampant style (along with evading and skirmishing at 7+) it must be activated and successful - or not - they are used up.

The Successor/Seleucids received a third pike unit making a nice pike block and a "mercenary Greek hoplite" sword unit.

Three units of pike combined.  If together, they move under only one activation (making movement all together).  Attacks and defence is increased and casualties are spread out making individual unit courage less difficult to pass.  

a Greek mercenary losing one's head for the upcoming battle......      The expediency of creating another figure to fill in the ranks of the unit, but not having enough legs(i.e. figures) to do so - as the Legio has 10, the pike unit has 11 and this unit with only 11 for the total of 32 plastic figures in the box - had me glue on arms backwards on a spare torso and squish out the hands to feet-like proportions so the miniature would appear to be gathering up himself after losing his head temporarily.


Yes, an all-together silly 'project' but serves my 'needs' all the while keeping the time consuming part shorter for an ancient collection - and I suppose also fantasy if I require.....