Wednesday, 23 March 2016

Napoleonic French camp scene

Perry Miniatures has a pack called "Hired Help" which are French infantry used to help the artillery move the guns around.  These are shown at rest after their exertions.


 I added the two of them holding implements to an artillery stand with two spare artillerymen to give me an additional element.
 This left one holding a cord of rope (good for a wagon vignette) and three in rest poses.
Together with these miniatures, the Perry box pack has pile of backpacks and the addition of two half-stands of muskets to which I added a piece of wire across the two and glued a bit of jewelry chain and an extra old bucket. A few pebbles and bits of blackened balsa as a camp fire finishes the vignette.

 I thus imagined a small camp scene with a member of the Guard Train stoking a fire with two weary soldiers in conversation.

An aesthetic bit just to sit in the corner to fill some table space ....  time, as a wargamer way, well wasted.


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No real use as a marker or anything for the rules, but yes, nice to stare if waiting for playing to move :)
      thanks for the kind comment.
      cheers

      Delete
  2. I do love figures like this, they just add that something to a table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like the small - and large - vignettes. I think I will add more of these 'eye candy' elements for my collections as I like the modelling aspect.
      And yes, they do add something to the table if only to fill up all the spaces left in the corners as the wargame armies inevitably pile into combat in its centre! :)

      Delete
  3. I think they look great. Even if it doesn't have a purpose in the game, it makes the table look better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly I am into the aesthetics of wargaming than anything, as I unfortunately do little actual playing. Need to change that.
      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Very nice. Anything this pretty always adds to the game. Nice idea on getting the extra use from the figures in the pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The Look" is the thing for me in wargaming. I should spend more time and energy on doing little thing like this but I have too, too many, 'projects' of various eras to do so on a consistent basis. But I really enjoy doing them.
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  5. Well done. Love the camp scene.

    ReplyDelete