Saturday 21 April 2012

The British 89th Foot

I have completed my British 89th Foot Regiment today.  Don't know why, but I like the black facing color.  Is it because I have always liked the red/black/white color combination or the fact that with the use of black primer, I have one less color to put on, I don't know....

This unit is important to the collection as it was the second British regular regiment which fought in the Battle of Crysler's Farm (War of 1812) together with the 49th Foot which I have previously highlighted.

Having now completed the 89th, I have all the components for this battle.
[one might note the lack of the flank companies.  They were not present at the battle and do not appear in any of the other battles, so I just didn't do them!]

The figures are 28mm Old Glory (with the exception of the standard bearers which are metal Victrix I believe). The flags themselves are hand-painted and have homemade tassels.